Suburban Square

Suburban Square
Ardmore

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Main Line Must-Have: The Whirley Pop!



The Original Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper ($19.99)

Not sure about you all, but after watching the Red Carpet a couple of weeks ago, I realized I have lots of movie watching to do!  
This provides perfect segue to my obsession du jour: WHIRLEY POP™
Not only does the Whirley Pop offer a chemical-free alternative to microwave popcorn, I find that turning the crank slowing waiting for that first kernel to pop is actually a lot fun! (I may be going a bit too far with that assertion but it's been a really long winter, I'm sure you understand.).  
Get out your envelope of blue and white coupons and check it out:  


To ensure you are popping in style, I’m sharing a few of my tips and tricks below to make the most oh-so-delicious bowl of popped corn.  Enjoy! 
  • Add 1/3 cup of Trader Joe's organic kernels into the Whirley Pop™
  • Once the kernels are cooked, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and salt seasoning to taste and mix
  • On top, sprinkle truffle salt (I love Casina Rossa Truffle & Salt).